“Source Material on the Life and Work of Mary Baker Eddy”
Mary Baker Eddy Library, The. “Source Material on the Life and Work of Mary Baker Eddy.” Boston: The Mary Baker Eddy Library, 2007.
To aid scholars interested in researching primary source materials on the life of Mary Baker Eddy, the Mary Baker Eddy Library has provided a summary of its holdings: “This vast collection includes approximately 20,000 letters, articles, sermons, and other manuscript materials written by [Eddy]; nearly 8,000 letters written by her secretaries on her behalf; letters sent to her by approximately 7,000 different correspondents; over 800 reminiscences written by people who knew her; and substantial historical documentation on the Church of Christ, Scientist, and the Christian Science movement.” Eddy’s published writings are also listed. A few of the most influential secondary sources are included showing the source material and documentary evidence used by each of the biographers, and whether they offer “a fresh picture of Eddy that is rooted in original material as opposed to a rehashing of suspect secondary sources.”
View this resource on The Mary Baker Eddy website.
Annotations related by category:
- Availability: Online - Free
- Official Christian Science Publication: No
- Organizations: Mary Baker Eddy Library
- People: Eddy, Mary Baker
- Publication Date: 2001-2010
- Resource Types: Conference Papers, Reports, and Manuscripts
- Resource Types: Web Resources
- Subjects: Biographies and Chronologies
- Subjects: Christian Science Monitor
- Subjects: Science and Health Book